DEVELOPMENT PLAN CONSULTATION AND PRODUCTION TENDER SPECIFICATION
Welshpool Town Council requires an experienced consultancy to produce a Welshpool Development Plan. The contract is to be completed before 30th October 2022.
Our aim is to become a “Welcoming Welshpool” for residents, businesses and visitors. The final document will provide evidence and prioritisation for future funding applications to a range of sources, such as Shared Prosperity Fund.
Background and Context
Welshpool Town Council is made up of 15 Councillors all with different skills and expertise all with the aim of improving the environment of Welshpool, the town we live or work in. The aim of the bid is to make “Welcoming Welshpool” the mantra and all areas of the community are engaged in the future of the town.
It is important that the tender identifies: Community engagement
Diversity and Equality
Communication and social media
A Development Plan for Llanerchyddol, Gungrog and Castle Wards. To produce a final document that provides evidence and prioritisation for future funding applications such as Shared Prosperity Fund.
Scope of the Work
- The development of a consultation process which is inclusive for community groups, businesses, residents and schools
- Liaison with the wider stakeholders incl. regional, PCC, NRW, PAVO etc
- Presentation to Town Council of outcome report ready for ratification
- Host a community meeting at which a presentation of the outcome is made and speaking about the outcome with residents, businesses and others through an open event
- Final report and easy read summary
The maximum amount available for this work including production of consultation materials is £10,875 (excl. VAT)
The Council will not be responsible for any costs incurred by bidders in relation to the tendering process, and is not bound to accept any tender received.
Payment will be made on satisfactory completion of agreed milestones.
Applicants are expected to submit a method statement to demonstrate how that they intend to meet the brief within the proposed timescales. It should be noted that the consultant will be required to liaise with a consultancy appointed by Powys County Council to focus on a Welshpool town centre development plan.
This method statement should outline the following:
- A short synopsis of how the applicant intends to deliver the project including clear timescales on the consultation, validation, presentation and end documents
- Whether you are a self-employed consultant or part of a company
- Confirmation of maintenance of confidentiality and avoidance of conflicts of interest
- How you intend to work with and deliver the project to the Town Council
- Examples including three references of similar delivered projects encouraging ownership and initiative
- An ability to offer the work throughout in English and Welsh is desirable
The method statement will be graded to marks out of 100 with the evaluation of the written tender submission to meet the criteria set including the costs for each stage.
Application to be submitted by e mail only to email@example.com by Friday 29th July 2022 at 12 noon.
Welshpool Town Council
Phone: 01938 55314